05 February 2010

Walking Sticks Part I

Today the kids and I started our camping trip. Now, there are a few goofy things about our camping trips. One, I always always forget something. Okay, quite a few things..but we've all learned to deal with that ;) Two, though I'm capable, "I" do not like to put up the tent. I do not like to help put up the tent. In fact, I really only want to sleep in it. There is absolutely no "escape/serene/comfy..." connection between me and this shield from the night elements. (And we're both okay with that)

However, in our preparation for this Super Bowl Weekend Camping trip, I put up the dern thing with the hilarious, yes, HILARIOUS help of my children. I wish I could have photographed this event as it was epic. Not only was it 8:00 am, 40ish degrees, and muddy, it was a complete circus! That story is to come in the future. (I also wish I had recorded some, no ALL of the conversations going on during this circus) There wouldn't be a dry seat in the house if you know what I mean ;)

So, for now, we have part one of "walking sticks."

Part one because they are not finished and haven't served their purpose yet. Tomorrow we venture with our lovely sticks. However. I am writing tonight because walking sticks was Abel's idea. He saw them being used on one of his favorite cartoons, and asked if he could make one. One thing led to another and to Aunt Beth's house, and here we were, Friday day, making sticks. BrookeLyne had no idea what we had seen, not to mention what Abel had in mind for his stick, but she went along.

We settled, began construction, and...wait. Where is Abel and why am "I" making his stick??

Yep, Abel left us. While taking my pictures, he had skipped town. I asked who was going to make his stick if he didn't...I mean, aren't we going to take a walk with jingly walking sticks?? "Silly mom, your going to make it!"



So, I finished his stick,


BrookeLyne was still wondering why we of all people needed sticks to help us walk, and then we all decided to pick this idea up tomorrow. hmm...


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. hahaha! i had no idea that you were making jingly walking sticks! what fun!

    ReplyDelete