19 February 2010

Walking Sticks Part II

This is the story of my life..."If it doesn't keep my attention, I probably won't finish it."

This is what I imagine my kiddos thinking beginning, midway, and ending our walking stick "decorating session." And I honestly can't blame them. It was really cold, and not as cool as making your beads, then braiding thread to hang them on, and finding scrap fabric strips to wrap part of the stick... Yes, the idea was cute and doable, and I'm sure grandiose in Abel's mind...but none of us delivered.

However let down and depressing this all sounds, it's quite the opposite. I never have been a mother to push my ideas and creativity on my kiddos, they embody that wonderful quality on their own. So, sure, I should remind them to follow through, but like I said... "keep my attention."

In Lew of all said, we took a walk. BrookeLyne with her stick, and me with Abel's. Yes, again, I get Abel's stick. I was told he didn't want to have to "carry" it...to which I replied, it's a WALKING stick, you carry it WHEN YOU WALK. (The logical emphasis chased him down, but he outran it) We all enjoyed our walk, our sticks, and the talk. What could be more fun than that? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment